You know that feeling of dampness in your home during the summer time?
Or maybe you’re sneezing a lot due to added dust in the air. One of the biggest sources of allergens is dust mites and mold, which thrive in moist conditions. That’s why according to the Environmental Protection Agency indoor relative humidity should be below 50% to protect your home from mites, mold growth and expensive remediation projects. Excess moisture in the home can also lead to damage to wood floors, furniture, artwork, electronics and the overall structure of your home. Dehumidifiers, like the Therma-Stor Ultra-Aire that we install, maintain low indoor humidity in hot humid summers even when the air conditioner needs to run.