The Service Dispatcher reports to the Service Manager, and is responsible for assisting in the administration, field productivity, and field profitability of the Service Department. They will also assist the Service Manger in achieving the applicable sections of the corporate strategic plan.
Organizational, initiative, integrity and supervisory skills are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals in this position. Job-related contact can occur with all demographics groups, with the majority of contacts being with A. N. Roth customers, vendors and employees. Job-related stress will vary, and is correlated to one’s comfort with and ability to balance multiple priorities at the same time.
Respective duties include:
- Assisting the Service Manager in the planning and coordination of department resources and goals.
- Scheduling technician’s service calls, taking into consideration the expected complexity of the call, verses the experience and capabilities of available technicians as well as scheduling calls in the most efficient logistical manor.
- Maintain/Process/Follow up on all resulting necessary paperwork, i.e. Work Orders, Invoices, Incomplete Work Orders & Pending Parts Calls, and Master Maintenance Agreement Spreadsheet, etc.
- Maintaining/Processing correspondence from manufacturer/distributor on equipment upgrades and service problems i.e. Service Letters and distribute same to service staff.
- Maintaining a working relationship with the account receivable staff on collection of problem accounts.
- Cooperating with all departments in support of all facets of the Service Department’s goals and objectives.
- Helping in the resolution of customer complaints in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner, and reporting all such incidents to the Service manager.
- Fill service technician parts orders to restock truck as well as special order items always using vendor with best possible pricing.
- Performing related staff-level duties as directed by the Service Manager.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment, preferably in HVAC contracting or building service industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse customer groups, and all personnel levels in the HVAC field suppliers.
- Proven ability working with computer dispatch software, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC terms and technology, including the ability to provide support, and even advice, to an on-site technician.
- Ability to negotiate orders with suppliers to ensure prompt and timely receipt of materials at the best price.
- Ability and initiative to work a non-standard schedule when needed, including a willingness to be on-call for purposes of taking emergency service calls.
- Ability to comprehend and implement applicable federal, state, local government laws, rules, and regulations, as they apply to the HVAC industry.
- Ability to prioritize and complete responsibilities in a timely manor.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Current Kentucky/Indiana driver’s license.
To apply, submit the form below, along with your resume, or call (502) 584-8503.